✅ Adult (>17 years old), competition time:
- White belt: 5 minutes
- Blue belt: 6 minutes
- Purple belt: 7 minutes
- Brown belt: 8 minutes
- Black belt: 10 minutes
✅ Children (4-17 years old), the primary competition time will be 4 minutes, but for children's green belts, it will last up to 6 minutes.
✅ Super Fights and Pro Divisions Finals matches are 10 minutes on average
2. Scoring method:
Submissions end not every round; each position throughout the match will score each place to use in the event of a tie. According to IBJJF rules, you can get 2, 3, and 4 points. Specifically:
Noted: Side control does not count.
To be counted, the upper person must hold the lower person in the above position for 3 seconds.
In contrast, athletes who violate the competition rules will delete through the following steps:
1st time: Error warning.
2nd time: One advantage point deducted
3rd time: Add two points to the opponent.
4th time: Disqualification.
3. Mistakes to avoid when participating in a Jiu-Jitsu match:
- Athletes who exceed the weight class they registered for will be disqualified.
- Gi's martial uniform is dirty, torn or not the same color, etc. are not allowed to participate in the competition.
- Athletes who object to the referee's score will be penalized.
- Do not move beyond the mat when performing submissions. In case of violation, 2 points will award to an opponent. The fight will restart in the middle of the mat.
- Do not wear the belt for more than 20 seconds. More than 20 seconds will calculate for mistake points
Noted: This article is based on the general rules of IBJJF (International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation).
Source: BJJ-world. Rules Of BJJ: A Competition Guide For Beginners